At The Butler House on Grand, the welfare and safety of our guests is a top priority. It is our practice to enter any occupied guest room at a minimum of once within a 48-hour period, even if a guest has requested privacy. Appropriate efforts are made to provide advance notice to the registered guest before entering an occupied guest room.
The privacy and security of your information is very important to us. Whether you are visiting our website, using our app, or booking a room, we want you to trust the way that we manage your information and to keep you informed about how we use that information.
We collect, use, and share your information where we have an appropriate legal basis to do this.
This may be because:
- You have provided your consent to us using the personal information;
- Our use of your information is necessary to perform our contract with you, for example, making and managing your booking;
- Our use of your information is necessary to meet responsibilities we have to our regulators, tax officials, law enforcement, or otherwise meet our legal responsibilities;
- Our use of your information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization, for example to operate and improve our services and to keep people informed about our products and services (including for profiling and targeted advertising) – in these cases we will look after your information at all times in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy rights and you have a right to object to how we use your information.
If you would like to find out more about the legal basis for which we process personal information please contact us.
When you use The Butler House on Grand Wi-Fi service, we may collect and process certain additional information. What information we collect includes:
- Registration and User-Provided Information: When you register to use our Wi-Fi, we may collect personal information about you. You may also provide us with personal information about you in various ways when you use our Wi-Fi, for example, when you send us customer service-related requests.
- Device Identifiers: In the course of providing Wi-Fi, we may automatically collect a device identifier (such as your IP address, MAC address, device name or other unique identifier) for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device you use to access our Wi-Fi. A device identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device when you access our Wi-Fi, and we may identify your device by its device identifier. When you use our Wi-Fi, we may view your device identifier and use this information to enhance our service. We may associate your device identifier with other information about you.
- Other device information: We may also automatically record certain information from your device including, device type, the web pages, apps or sites that you visit, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use our Wi-Fi (Internet activity information). This data helps us to manage our networks and provides us with information about the use of our Wi-Fi. We do not, however, collect and process the contents of email communications or other electronic communications you send or receive when using our Wi-Fi.
- Location information: We may collect information about your location through your use of the Wi-Fi services we provide at our hotels to enable us to improve our service and provide certain services to you such as customized offers and promotions.
- to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all features of the service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users.
- to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve our Wi-Fi service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality. If you provide your contact information, we may (with your consent or where permitted by applicable law) send you personalized offers based on your web usage and location. You can opt out of receiving these offers when signing in to use our Wi-Fi service. Please see the ‘Managing your preferences and information’ section below.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us. To do this, technical, physical, and organizational security measures are put in place to protect against any unauthorized access, disclosure, damage, or loss of your information. The collection, transmission and storage of information can never be guaranteed to be completely secure, however, we take steps to ensure that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect your information.